Here we are targeting the different basics of VLSI from very starting point (Digital Back ground) till understand the meaning of "What is VLSI".
I have divided the all the post in different chapters and then subsections (As per the below index).
If you think, I have missed any topic, please let me know. I will try to cover that in this section (if possible) else I will let you know by when and where It will be included.
Note: Below Index can be changed because of more detailed sections or New topics but broadly following topics will be covered.
Chapter 1 : Digital Background
- 1.1 Number System
- 1.2 Digital Arithmetic
- 1.3.a Logic Gates
- 1.3.b Logic Gates
- 1.4 Combinational Circuits
- 1.5 Multiplex (MUX)
- 1.6a Sequential Circuits (Introduction)
- 1.6b Sequential Circuits Components
- 1.7 Basic Flip Flop
Chapter 3: CMOS Processing
- 3.1 Fabrication Steps.
- 3.2 Create N-well And Field Oxide.
- 3.3 Creating Gate Oxide and Poly Layers.
- 3.4 Implant N+ Impurities.
- 3.5 Implant P+ Impurities.
- 3.6 Create Contact and Metal-M
- MOS design (type of MOS/PMOS/NMOS/CMOS)
- CMOS Gates
- CMOS basic working principle
- Differennt Prperties
- SPICE models
- Simulation with MicroWind
Chapter 7: Few VLSI terminology
- Symol, Schematic, CELL, LIBRARY
- Timing , Power, Area,
- Driving Strength, Slew, Transition Time, Propagation Delay,
- Nets, PINS, Clock Circuit, DATA paths
- Clock paths, Layout , Standard Cells
- Library Cell Design
Chapter 8: VHDL-Verilog Basics
1) Twin-tub (Twin -Well) CMOS Process
2) Silicon On Insulator (SOI) CMOS Process